Note - We do not process payments until the order is ready to send out. The exception to this is Paypal payments which debit your account immediately on making the payment.
Credit and Debit Cards - American Express
We accept online payment using third party card processing by Sagepay, a reputable and secure system. NB - Protx is now known as Sagepay. Please click for Sagepay information.
None of your card details are held on our server.
Things you should know -
* When you pay through Sagepay, your payment is 'deferred' (pre-authorised) and will not be released until the goods are ready to send.
* When you pay through Sagepay, you will receive a confirmation email from them to confirm that your payment has been accepted, assuming that the email address has been
* We cannot take more from your card than you have authorised, without your express
* If you use this method of purchase, even we cannot see your card number - only
information that is vital for processing the order.
* Card details must match those of the cardholder - any orders received where they do not
match will be cancelled and the payment aborted.
* For orders over £50, we can deliver only to the cardholder's address.
* Occasionally the payment fails for technical reasons - you would have to either re-order,
or you can telephone us with your card details and we can process the failed order, or you can email and ask us to send a Paypal money request.
Things you should know -
*If you pay with Paypal, your payment will be only authorised at the time of ordering -
the payment itself will not be processed until we release it.
*If you are registered with Paypal, your purchases are protected.
* Unfortunately we can now only allow Paypal payments for a minimum order of £5 including postage, due to their minimum processing fee. We do not charge extra for payment using Paypal.
Cheques - Postal Orders - Cash
We also accept cheques and postal orders.
* Please note that if you send cash through the post, we cannot be held responsible if it
gets lost in the post. If you must send cash, please use Special Delivery which is insured
if the package is lost in transit.
To order, make your order and select the cheque payment option. You may then either print the email that you receive to accompany your payment, or the final screen with payment instructions. Please make cheques and postal orders payable to "Taj Arts" and send to
18 Oxford Street
* Please allow up to 5 business days for the cheque to clear.
* You can also make your order online and telephone us with your card details and order
number if you have it (check your email for order confirmation). Tel -
01536 511408 (9am-11am)
Please select your desired payment method when at the Checkout.
* All products on this website are priced in British Pounds. You can view the prices in
other currencies by selecting your currency from the right hand menu. You may only
actually check-out in GBP British Pounds. When you reach the payment pages, your cart
total will be converted to GBP at the exchange rate applicable at the time - this is set by
your bank and is beyond our control. The rates shown are not live - they are updated
manually on a day-to-day basis. We recommend xe.com for checking live exchange rates.
*When you purchase, you pay in UK pounds and the payment is converted to your local
currency by your card company.
* We set the exchange rate for other currencies using data from http://www.xe.com
A NOTE ABOUT 3D SECURE
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE NUMBER OF CUSTOMERS NOT PAYING, WE HAVE NOW DISABLED THIS FEATURE AGAIN.
It is in your interest to enrol in the 3D Secure facility - we would encourage you to do so, and we will reintroduce it at a later date/
It has been reported that fraudsters have been getting around chip & pin security measures by using bank cards on the internet - there has been a considerable increase in online fraud as a result. We have also noticed an increase in people using cards which are obviously not theirs, and seem to have the address information as well as card data. We are left to guess whether the purchase is genuine or not! Due to this, we have decided to implement 3D Secure when making payment.
What is 3D Secure?
It is a checking mechanism implemented for Visa and Mastercard. You enter letters from a password you create when you enrol in the scheme, and the bank checks that you are the account holder.
How Does It Work?
After you have entered your card details, you may be asked to enter your 3D secure password - it is very easy to enrol instantly at the moment of purchase, if you are not already enrolled - they only require the information on your account to confirm that you are the cardholder. Enrolling in this will help to ensure that only purchase made by the cardholder are processed. Please do not be put off if the 3D Secure window pops up - it really only takes a moment to register, and you can then use the same password when making any purchase with your card. Hopefully we can prevent online fraud using this measure, and protect your card.